(1) Enrollment Period: 10am, May 3, 2019 ~ 5pm, June 15, 2019
(2) Enrollment Fee: US$50 (HKD400) for 42K; US$40 (HKD310) for 29K; US$30 (HKD210) for 6K
(3) Shipment/Handling Fee: US$5 (HKD35) per person
(4) Payment Method: (1) credit card, if via online Enrollment System, (2) cash remittance to Organizer’s Account (NTD, US$ or HKD), (3) PayPal (US$), (4) WeChat (RMB). Enrollment fees are not refundable and enrollment cannot be canceled after payment is made.
5. Race Package:
(1) Race package will be delivered to Taiwan residential or corporate address only. For those who do not have Taiwan local address, race package could be pick up at race site on October 26 (from 2pm to 5pm) or October 27 (from 5am to 6am).
(2) Race Package includes Bib Number and Race Chip (for 42K and 29K). The Finisher Medal and Towel for 42K and 29K will be delivered at finish line.
6. First Time Finisher Award (optional for purchase): Runners of 42K and 29K may purchase optional First Time Finisher Award for US$20 (HKD130), which will engrave your name thereon.Finisher Jacket is optional for purchase by participants of 42K, 29K and 6K.
7. Free Shuttle Bus Routes:
(1) From Shuishe to Xiangshan (Race Site): 5:10am~6am (every 10 minutes)
(2) From Xiangshan to Shuishe: 10:00am ~13:30pm (every 10 minutes)
8. Paid Shuttle Bus Routes and Price:
(1) From Taichung Main Station to Xiangshan (Race Site) : Departure at 4am. Return trip options: 12:00, 13:00, 13:30. (Round Trip Ticket Price: US$15/HKD115; will stop by High Speed Rail Station on return trip).
(2) From Taichung High Speed Rail Station to Xiangshan (Race Site) : Departure at 4am. Return trip options: 12:00, 13:00, 13:30. (Round Trip Ticket Price: US$15/HKD115; might stop by Taichung Main Station on return trip).
(3) From Itashao to Xiangshan (Race Site): Departure at 4:25am. Return trip options: 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 13:20. (Round Trip Ticket Price: US$8/HKD55).
9. Items Included:
10. Summary of Applicable Fees:
11. Supply Stations
12. Race Course:
(1) Marathon (42.195K): Xiangshan Visitor Center (Sun Moon Lake National Scenic Park) -> Shuishe Visitor Center -> Wenwu Temple -> Sun Moon Lake Ropeway -> Xuanzang Temple -> Syuanguang Temple -> Tosha -> Wudeng Village -> 75.4K Mark on Road 21 -> Wudeng Village -> Tosha -> Xiangshan Visitor Center
(2) Ultra Half-Marathon (29K): Xiangshan Visitor Center (Sun Moon Lake National Scenic Park) -> Shuishe Visitor Center -> Wenwu Temple -> Sun Moon Lake Ropeway -> Xuanzang Temple -> Syuanguang Temple -> Tosha -> Xiangshan Visitor Center
(3) 6K Walking: Xiangshan Visitor Center (Sun Moon Lake National Scenic Park) -> Shuishe Dam Park ->Shuishe Visitor Center -> Xiangshan Visitor Center
13. Sizing Chart:
14. Trophies and Age Group:
(1) The 42K marathon and 29K ultra half marathon are divided into the following age group (male and female in separate group): (1) age 60 or more; (2) age 50~59; (3) age 40~49; (4) age 30~39; (5) age 29 or under.
(2) Trophies (no cash awards) will be awarded to the top overall 10 male finishers and 5 female finishers in the 42K category, and to the top overall 10 male finishers and 10 female finishers
(3) In addition, trophies (no cash awards) will be awarded to top finishers in each sex/age group: (1) top 1 finisher if the group contains 50 participants or less; (2) top 2 finishers in case of 51~100 participants; (3) top 3 finishers in case of 101~200 participants; (4) top 4 finishers in case of 201~300 participants; (5) top 5 finishers in case of 301~400 participants; and (6) top 6 finishers in case of 401 or more participants.
(4) All top overall finishers will not be awarded with the separate age group awards. One person can only be awarded with one trophy.
15. Luggage Storage Service
Luggage storage service is available at race site. However, racer must use race storage bag to make the deposit (sample shown below). Race storage bag is available for purchase at race site for NTD200 each.
By enrolling the 2018 Sun Moon Lake Marathon, each runner agrees to comply with all racing rules and regulations promulgated by the event organizer. Each runner represents that he/she is in good health condition; not in a condition or illness which would prevent participation in this type of vigorous sport. Each runner enrolls this event by his/her free will. Each runner agrees to bear risks of accidents during the course of the racing event, which should be of no implication of the event organizer. Further, the runner agrees that the event organizer and the entities authorized by the event organizer have the right to use video, photo, name, figure, background, email and scores taken during the race for promotional activities.
(1) In case of accidents, illness or loss of personal property, liability of the organizer is limited to emergency treatment.
(2) After submitting an application, cancelling or switching the event category due to personal reason is prohibited.
(3) Illegal participation (participation by a runner other than the registered runner) as well as falsifying age or gender is strictly prohibited. In such cases, your entry will be void.
(4) Copyright of images, photographs and articles covering the event, and their usage right for broadcasting, newspapers, magazines and internet, belongs to the race organizer. The aforementioned copyright includes but not limited to names and other personal information such as age and address (country and city only) of entrants mentioned in the article covering the event.
(5) The event organizer will comply with the privacy protection laws and assures the confidentiality of information provided by the race entrants. The organizer or its representative may contact participants to confirm the information stated in their application forms.
18. Travel and Accommodation
For accommodation, you could book places near Shuishe Pier (or Shushe Visitor Center), where local foods and souvenir are nearby. We will have shuttle bus running between Shushe Visitor Center and the Race Site (Xiangshan Visitor Center) for limited time.
If you are traveling from Taichung City, the travel time between Taichung City (Main Station or High Speed Rail) is slightly over one hour.
Sun Moon Lake is a great place to spend your time. You could ride a bike around the lake, take the cable car or enjoy a boat ride. Enjoy your time while at Sun Moon Lake.