- 2017 Spartan Race Taiwan in KaoHsiung
- In 2016, Spartan Race Taiwan held our first ever Sprint race in Bali, New Taipei City with 4,500 participants.
- The world’s leading obstacle course race (OCR), Spartan Race offers open, competitive and elite category for different levels and fitness. With the features of timing system and global ranking system, Spartan Race provides from armatures to professional obstacle racers to test themselves in new ways all around the world.
- One of the leading obstacle races in the world.
- NBC reviewed Spartan Race as the best obstacle race.
- Spartan Race was first held in Greater China region in 2016, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing. It is the mecca to extreme race lovers. It is a race of physical strength, endurance and determination.
- It is the kind of race that urges you to strive and work with others as a team in order to go beyond your limit.
- Every racer who survives through the challenges becomes a real Spartan!
- The authentic Spartan race
- Same as the other Spartan races, the authentic equipment and obstacles will be originally from US. Our US Spartan Race event planner design the unique race course experience base on specific Taiwan terrain.
- In 2017, the world’s best obstacle race will be held in KaoHsiung, including Sprint and Super distance.
- In addition, Spartan Race Super distance is the only one in Greater China region of the first half 2017.
- Let’s get together and be fearless.
- There is nothing we cannot conquer, it’s just a matter of courage.
- Let us witness the glories of motivation and bravery.
- By participating the best obstacle race in Taiwan, you will experience something spectacular in your lifetime.
- Authorized Organizer: SECA (Shanghai) Sports & Culture Development Ltd.
- Event Organizer: Kwan Kwan Marketing Co. Ltd.
- Date of race：2017/5/20 (Sat) 7:00 - 18:00
- Race location：KaoHsiung (The exact location will be announce soon)
- Registration dates: from now till 2017/5/14 12:00 (Due to the need of timing chip prepartation)
- Race Level：Sprint (6km) and Super (12km)
- About the Race
20th May 2017 Spartan Race Taiwan (Cijin,KaoHsiung) Cut off time at 17:30 on race day, if participant cannot finish will disqulify. Super Elite Competitive Open
1. The organiser is trying their best to satisfy the demands and expectations of Spartan racers, but if there are insufficient racers for one heat, the organiser has the right to move participants to other heat time. 2. We require all racers to approach the finishing line by 17:30. Therefore please choose the appropriate heat catogory and starting time based on your physical capacity. 3. Spartan finisher will be awared with a finisher T-shirt and finisher medal. Racers who are unable to finish the race will be unable to receive these awards, and this will be strictly applied. 4.Top 3 Super Elite winners will receive trophies. The prize money for the 1st place is NT$28,000, 2nd place is NT$25,000, 3rd place is NT$20,000, 4th place is NT$15,000 and 5th place is NT$10,000.(If winner holding overseas passport and receive the price money more then NTD20,000- need to pay 20% of the government tax) Super Competitve award different age group male and female as below: Male & female Junior (14-17 years old), male & female College (18-24 years old), male & female Adult 1(25-32 years old), male & female Adult 2 (33-39 years old), male & female Master 1 (40-49 years old) and male & female Master 2 (over 50 years old) 5. The registration fee includes headband and the timing chip renting fee. The timing chip must be returned after the race. Racers who fail to return their timing chips will need to pay penalties.
- 7.1 Who can register: Anyone who’s mentally and physically healthy can register for the Spartan Race. All registrant shall follow the rules by the organizer. Participant from14 years old or below18 years old need to fill in a consent form from parents to attend the race. The scanned form of the consent can be mail to email@example.com or faxed to (02)2325-0807.
- 7.2 Registration method: Online registration only.
- Required information for registration:
- Gender, name in English, date of birth, identification number (passport number for non-Taiwanese participants), mobile phone number, e-mail address, and size for the T-shirt.
- Payment method:
Credit card and 7-11 ibon payment (Any additional fees incurred shall be paid by the race participants)
Only full payment is accepted for credit card payments. (VISA, Master Card, JCB) When you checkout for credit card payment, the system will ask you to fill in your credit card details on the payment page. Please make sure your credit card details are given correctly to allow verification from your issuing bank. 3% of processing fee will be charged for all payments.
Procedure of payment for 7-11 ibon (Addition of NTD20 need to be pay as processing fee for transactions less than NTD20,000): after the order is placed online, a set of ibon payment serial number (NW+12 digits) will be generated. You will need to enter the serial number at the ibon machine in any 7-11 in Taiwan, print out the payment slip and then pay at the counter.
- Once the payment is successfully completed, registration details are unchangeable. Therefore, please make sure your details are correct before you make your payment.
- Insufficient payments or incomplete registration will be considered as non-registered.
- It is an honor to attend the race, therefore please consider carefully your capability and capacity before deciding to participate in the race.
- After registration, if you are aware that you are unable to attend the race, please submit a proof for refund application. Once the refund is confirmed, NTD100 processing fee will be charge. Reasons for refunds must be irresistible causes, such as illness or pregnancy. Proof of these causes should be provided. Refund periods and refund amounts are listed below. The date of refund application will determine the type of refund you will receive. Please prepare a copy of your bank account and order number to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund.
- Application during 2017/3/20-2017/4/15 (before 23:59) will receive 70% of registration fee. Additional NTD100 will be charged.
- Application during 2017/4/16-2017/4/28 (before 23:59) will receive 50% of registration fee. Additional NTD100 will be charged.
- Application after 2017/4/29 will receive no refund
- Note: refund application credit card payments will be refundable within 40 days after payment. Applications after 40 days of payment will receive no refund.
- 7.4 Registration FAQs:
- Please settle the payment within 3 days after your registration. Otherwise, the system will automatically cancel the registration/purchase order.
- After the order is placed, you can either cancel or modify it before the payment is made. If you wish to cancel the order, click on [Cancel order] button. The system will then cancel your order without keeping any records. If you wish to modify your order, please contact us as soon as possible.
- After the order is placed, you cannot change the payment method. If credit card payment fails, the payment method cannot be changed and you can’t use the credit card again for the same order. You will need to create a new order.
- When registration is completed, you may not request any changes on racer’s name, race heat and size of the T-shirt or request a refund for whatever reasons.
- For any issues regarding online registration, please contact customer service at Eventpal: 0973993738
- 7.5 Finisher medal, finisher T-shirt and Limited Spartan Race Taiwan Event T-shirt
T-shirt size: Unit of measure: cm (The T-shirts are in the US size and measured when it’s lay. Allow 2-2.5 cm of difference.) Size XXS XS S M L XL Chest 45 48 50 53 55 58 Length 61 63.5 66 68.5 71 73.5
- If you are able to finish the race within the given time (before 17:30), you will be able to receive a finisher medal and a finisher T-shirt. Racers can collect these items in the counter of reward session.
- Limited Spartan Race Taiwan Event T-shirt can be collect on race day ONLY. Unit of measurement: cm (The T-shirts are in the US size and measured when it’s lay. Allow 2-2.5 cm of difference.)
- 7.7 Bag Check:7.6 Awards and Prize money: 2017 Spartan Race Taiwan in KaoHsiung only offer Super Elite and Competitive categories.
- You can leave your personal belongings at the Bag Check area on race day. Bag Check service available at
5:30. You can pick up your stuff after the race with the headband number before 18:30 on race day. Please keep valuables belonging and we will not be responsible for the loss.
- 7.8 During the race:
Spartan Race is the best obstacle race in the world. All racers should not fear or give up. Racers are ready to take up challenges along the way. Of course, there are also burpees! During the course, we also encourage partnership. We encourage racers helping out each other and inspiring each other. Once they complete all the obstacles, they will become a true Spartan. Aroo~
- (1) Please follow the instructions and guidelines given by the staff at each obstacle. In the event of failure, you will need to do 30 burpees as penalty before you can proceed to the next obstacle. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX1IfVFkm6s)
- (2) All participants shall finish the race by 17:30. Those who are unable to finish by 17:30 will be considered as disqualified and won’t be able to pick up the finisher T-shirt and the medal.
- (3) Spartan is a race that honors integrity and honesty. The chip plays an essential role on whether you can advance to the next level of Spartan race. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to switch your chip with other racers, wear someone else’s chip, or wear more than 1 chip at the same time. If you do any of these acts, you will be disqualified and the scores won’t be recorded.
- (4)The instructions on how to use the timing chip will be given when you register on event date. Before you head to the race, please read the instructions carefully or ask the assistance from the staff at the race. In addition, there will be a POP on chip instruction at the REGISTRATION. The staff will also give the instructions again right before each session starts. Please keep the instructions in mind. If your results are not correctly logged due to misusage of the chip, Spartan Race Taiwan will not be held responsible for it.
- (5) Please evaluate your own capacity and capability before deciding to attend the race. You will not be allowed to change the name of racer, race category, size of the T-shirt or ask for a refund for whatever reasons. You cannot give your spot to other people if you are not able to attend the race. Those who have not registered cannot take part in the race. It is also strictly forbidden to race on behalf of others. If discovered, the racer will be disqualified.
- (6) If you feel unwell before the race starts, please don’t force yourself to participate. If you start feeling unwell during the race, you should stop. If you force yourself and result in an unfortunate incident, Spartan Race Taiwan shall not bear any responsibilities for it.
- (7) Please do keep your safety and wellness as top priority and don’t force yourself. Take all necessary measures to prevent yourself from having a heat stroke. If you start feeling unwell or suffer from heat stroke, you should take a break from the race and ask help from the medical station or race staff. To ensure everyone’s safety, Spartan Race Taiwan shall forcibly stop a racer from continuing if the medical team finds his/her condition is not well enough to stay on the race.
- (8) Spartan Race Taiwan will have a medical team on-site to provide necessary medical help and purchase public liability insurance for all the racers. Any illness or syndrome resulted from the racer’s personal physical condition will not be covered by the insurance policy. The policy only covers and reimburses for the injury resulted from accidents. All details are subject to the terms and clauses stipulated in the policy contract.
- (9) According to the data released by Central Weather Bureau prior to the race, in case there are any natural disasters or force majeure such as the announcement of sea/land typhoon warnings, earthquakes or thunder stroke or the PM 2.5 index is too high, the organizers shall postpone the race or change event time considering the safety of the race participants. The registration fee will not be refunded.
- (10) If any supplementary regulations are required for the race, further announcements will be made on the Facebook page of Spartan Race Taiwan. 7.9 Insurance
- (1) The coverage of public liability insurance: Spartan Race Taiwan will purchase an insurance coverage in accordance with the regulations stipulated in document no. 1040823601 issued by Ministry of the Interior in 2015.
- Description on the public liability insurance policy for more than 10,000 insured persons:
- Liability insurance-bodily injury per person: NTD 5 million
- Liability insurance-bodily injury per accident: NTD 150 million
- Property loss and damage per accident: NTD 2 million
- Maximum claim during coverage: NTD 304 million
- The policy covers accidents occurred to the insured person or the employee while s/he is running on the racing route stipulated in the contract.
- The policy also covers accidents occurred to the insured person at the buildings, in the pathways, or at the facilities/machines.
- (2) Exclusions
- Injuries resulted from individual illness.
- Syndromes resulted from personal physical/cardio conditions such as shock, heart disease, diabetes, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, acute mountain sickness, epilepsy, dehydration and etc. These will not be covered. Public liability insurance only covers injuries and damages caused by accidents.
- For racers who have a history of the illness mentioned in (b), please consider your safety and health seriously and purchase individual accident insurance.
- If you have had the following illness or syndrome, you are very likely to suffer from cardiac diseases or even sudden death. Please consult a doctor before registration or please refrain from joining the race.
- Chest discomfort (chest tightness or chest pain) for unknown reasons, breathing difficulties for unknown reasons, dizziness, loss of consciousness, high blood pressure (>140/90 mm Hg), heart disease, kidney dysfunction, high blood lipid (cholesterol >240mg/D1), family history of heart disease (any of your lineal relatives suffered from heart diseases or sudden death before the age of 60), or seizure.
- (3) If you start feeling unwell during the race, please stop immediately and seek help from the medical team!
- (4) In accordance with the race rules set by Spartan Race, USA, the organizer “strongly” suggest all racers purchase additional insurance of individual sports. Due to the restrictions of Taiwanese law, we cannot offer the insurance products on the website for you. However, the organizer will send the insurance information to your personal email address for your reference.