- New Taipei City
Wulai Gorge Marathon 2018
- ● 5 reasons why you shouldn’t miss it!
- Comparable to the Taroko Gorge, Wulai Gorge also has magnificent and spectacular landscape.
- 1. Medal, T-shirt graphic designed by well–known master Xiao, Qing-Yang. (蕭青陽)
- 2. Three must do’s for adult in Taiwan - Climbing Mt.Morrison (Yushan), swimming across Sun Moon Lake and running Wulai Gorge Marathon.
- 3. Seeking IAAF / AIMS measurement of course.
- 4. Wulai, lungs of Taiwan
- ● Race Imformation
- Supervised by New Taipei City Government Host and organized by Tourism and Travel Department, New Taipei City Government Co-organized and operation managed by On My Own Corporation Graphic and visual designed by Xiao, Qing-Yang (蕭青陽)
◼ Advance sign-up: 3rd August, (12:00 p.m.) - 20th August (00:00 a.m.), 2017
◼ Register period: 21st August, (12:00 p.m.) - 31st August, (12:00 p.m.), 2017
- Event Date
Sunday, January 7, 2018
Wulai Parking Tower Squaure (https://goo.gl/maps/ZU1aDn6d3rx)
Please read carefully the following agreements prior to registration. By completing registration, you understand and agree to followings:.
- ◼ To avoid traffic disturbance, insure the safety of all passengers, and to reduce the impact of the ecological environment, all participants should walk or take free shuttle bus to back and forth. Starting from 3:00 a.m. on race day, Xinwu Road will be traffic controlled. The organizer takes no responsibility or liability for participants’ tardiness if participants drive to event venue.
- ◼ The organizers will include a reusable cup in race pack to all participants instead of providing disposable cups at each supply stations. Entrants can get NT35 off of entry fee if bring their own cups.
- ◼ Participants with highly potential health risk (such as heart disease and high blood pressure, etc.…) are not advised to participate, except doctor’s health certificate provided.
- Race Categories
Full marathon Half marathon Distance 42.195 km 21.0975 km Maximum Number of Entrants 1,500 3,500 Entry Fee NT$ 1180 NT$ 980 Gathering Time 06:00 05:30 Start Time 06:20 06:00 Time Limits 7 hr.
(finished before 13:20)
(finished before 9:30)
Gear Check 04:30 – 14:30 04:30 – 14:30 Checkpoints Distance 26.6 km
(2nd turning point)
(Half M. turning point)
Checkpoints Cut-Off Time 10:00 08:00 Notice ◼ Individual or group registrations need to complete “voluntary participant agreement” on registration site.
◼ Please read carefully above information prior to registration and complete your register by checking the ‘I agree’ checkbox, which means you agree to accept our regulation and Terms.
◼ Participants must be in their designated corrals (printed on bib if necessary) in order to proceed to the starting line.
◼ Please join our official FB fan page “Running Holidays－旅跑新北” https://www.facebook.com/runntpc/ for the updated news and get the latest information regarding your rights.
- ◼ Course Map
- ◼ Elevation
- ◼ Supply Stations
- ◼ Course Map
- Race packet
Full Marathon Half marathon T-shirt ● ● Bib Number ● ● Timing Chip ● ● NT$50 Voucher ● ● Reusable Cup ● ●
- Awards / Prizes
- ◼ Finisher Prizes
Full Marathon Half marathon Medal ● ● Sports Towel ● ● E-Finisher Certificate ● ●
- ◼ Awards
- ◼ Top 10 finishers of males and females in full/half categories will be awarded a commemorative medal.
- ◼ Top 3 finishers of males and females in 9 age division (listed below) for full/half categories will also be awarded a commemorative medal.
Division Age Male A Above 65 Male B 64-55 Male C 54-45 Male D 44-35 Male E 34-25 Male F 24-18 Female A Above 45 Female B 44-35 Female C 34-18
- ◼ Finisher Prizes
- ● Registration
- ◼ Online register only at www.eventpal.com.tw/2018WuLai.html
- ◼ For international registration without mailing address in Taiwan, please register here: https://goo.gl/forms/OqfdAb7F4WBzeOdO2 we will contact you for details upon your submit. Payment and race packet pickup only on event day by presenting passport, we’ll charge extra NT$100 for handling fee. If participant likes to pick up race packet prior to race day, please leave messages in above Form.
- ◼ Steps
Period / Time 1.Advance Sign-up 3rd (12:00 p.m.) - 20th (00:00 a.m.), August, 2017 2.Registratoin 21st (12:00 p.m.) - 31st (12:00 p.m.), August,2017 3.Payment within 3 days after registration.
- ◼ Group registration with more than 30 participants will be provided with a free private booth.
- ◼ Quotas are limited and registration will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis. If the participant quotas are full, interested participants will be put on the waiting list. If any extra quota is released, the organizer will notify all of the accepted participants separately.
- ◼ The organization reserved the certian quota for visually impaired runners and their guide runners to participate together in running races. Please fax your information to 02-27076008 or Email to email@example.com
- ◼ A signed Letter of Parental Consent (Appendix) is required for participants aged 16~18.
- ● Race Day
- Shuttle Bus
- ◼ To avoid traffic disturbance, insure the safety of all passengers, and to reduce the impact of the ecological environment, all participants should walk or to take free shuttle bus to back and forth.
- ◼ Starting from 3:00 a.m. of race day, traffic control on Xinwu Road will be imposed. The organizer will take no responsibility or liability for delays cuased by participants driving to event venue.
- ◼ Non-stop shuttle to start line area will be departed at 3:30 ~4:00 a.m. on January 7 from three boarding points. Please select your boarding point when register.
- ◼ Once you select your boarding point on registration page, you should board on time according to your race category. Departure time listed as below, the bus will departed once the seats are fully occupied.
- ◼ Boarding points locations
Three boarding locations to start line area (Wulai Parking Tower):
Boarding Points Applied group Departure time 1st bus Last bus Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, Taipei City (Route A) Half marathon 3:30 a.m. 4:00 a.m. Full marathon 4:00 a.m. 4:30 a.m. Xindian MRT Station Xindian,New Taipei City (Route B) Half marathon 3:30 a.m. 4:00 a.m. Full marathon 4:00 a.m. 4:30 a.m. *Baoqiao Parking Lot Xindian,New Taipei City (Route C) Half marathon 3:30 a.m. 4:00 a.m. Full marathon 4:00 a.m. 4:30 a.m.
- ◼ Return bus (depart from Wulai Parking Tower)
Drop off Point Route A: Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
Route B: Xindian MRT Station
Route C: Baoqiao Parking Lot
Bus depart once fully occupied. Departure time 10:00 Last bus14:30
- ◼ Traffic control: From 3:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. January 7, 2018, vehicles are prohibited at the venue and some sections of the race course.
- Gear check
- ◼ Gear check time : 4:30 a.m – 2:30 p.m. (drop off – pick up)
- ◼ Gear check point : Wulai Parking Tower
- ◼ A disposable commemorative chips should be tied on shoelace during the race. Failure to attach could result in not receiving any data.
- ◼ According to IAAF rule No. 165.24, the race shall be started by the gunshot. Runners’ time and limits are based on starting gunshot time. Participants are required to run through checkpoints by cut off time to finish the race.
- ◼ Runners start 15 minutes after the gunshot time will be disqualified.
- ◼ After the race, we’ll email finisher certificate to participants within a week. You can also check your finish time online. This would not include those who lose their chips or not finish the race by cut off /limit time.
- Shuttle Bus
- ● Inquiries
- ◼ Registratoin Inquiries:
On My Own Corporation
Tel: +886-2- 2707-6008
- ◼ Registratoin Inquiries:
- Important Notices:
- ◼ Once you enter the race, you agree all contents of the race regulations. Further notifications will be announced for updated or unmentioned matters. Please join the FB fan page “Running Holidays－旅跑新北” https://www.facebook.com/runntpc/ for the updated news and get the latest information regarding your rights.
- ◼ The organizer reserves the right to change the details of the event, including race course, delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks.